Thursday, April 2, 2009

Outdoor Writing

I've written about my plinking and plunking activities in several magazines and newspapers over the years, but I do less of that than I used to. Outdoor writing is a tough game if you're doing it for money.
I've belonged to three outdoor writing organizations, but recently reduced that to one, the Northwest Outdoor Writers Association, a western United States and Canada group. I have served in most of its offices, including president. I attend the annual conferences, but now it's mostly to meet and talk with old friends because I'm not looking for new markets the organization might provide me.
I'm attempting to create my own market, and that's what this blog is all about. If it doesn't work, I'll just call it "Plinking and Plunking" and claim I was never serious about selling my books. Either way, it's a new adventure.